There exist lots of data storage devices today to store various data and they vary in numerous aspects. Most of them are external hard drives, mass storage devices like memory cards, SD cards, CF cards, MMC cards, USB flash drives, etc and these are widely used in various gadgets to store precious data files. Each of the storage devices will have file systems; it is the process which controls the storing and fetching of the data on devices. The file systems of storage devices are like FAT16, FAT32, ExFAT, FATX, NTFS5, HFS, HPFS, etc.
The data files from the storage devices can be lost as a result of numerous reasons. Assume a scenario wherein you formatted a hard disk drive on Mac system. The problem now is that, the backup data was not properly taken. This made you to lose all the data from the hard disk after format process. But usually when you format any drive the data that was previously stored on it will not be erased from drive, only the pointer value to each data file memory address will be removed and hence the operating system will now fail to track the data files that is still there on the hard disk drive. In this case the only way to recover data after format is to make use of any alternative hard drive recovery software that will help you to retrieve the formatted data. Similarly you can come across numerous situations wherein you tend to lose data from hard drives and other storage devices, they are mentioned here:
- Emptying Trash / Recycle Bin folders – These folders i.e. Windows Recycle Bin and Mac Trash stores all the deleted files that may be deleted intentionally or unintentionally. So emptying Recycle Bin and Trash might cause data loss because if you have mistakenly deleted any data then emptying the folder without checking for the content.
- Re-installation of OS – When performing re-installation of an operating system on your system many times the process forces you to reformat the drive to remove any threats that are present. Without this the reinstallation will not be continued. And thus the process will erase all the data stored on the drive.
- Due to virus – When any virus infects the system hard drive it corrupts all the data on the drive and hence the data will become inaccessible due to file corruption. In this case the only solution to get back the corrupt data is to format the drive. And thus you will lose data.
- Accidental formatting of wrong partition – While formatting particular partitions on the system make sure which partition has to be formatted. Else if you wrongly format some other partition instead of the one that has to be done, then you will lose all the data of that partition.
Including the above-mentioned cases you could face many more situations that will lead to data loss from the storage devices like hard drives. Here is one recovery software mentioned that effectively helps to recover Mac formatted hard drive data and here is the link, http://www.recoverdataafterformat.net/mac-hard-drive.html. It supports to recover data from any devices like hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, etc. Below are few of the features of this software utility:
- Helps in recovering all the data files from the drives that are formatted and reformatted accidentally.
- Restores the lost and missing data files from various types of hard drives having different file systems like FAT12, HFS+, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS5, etc.
- Retrieves the lost data files that get deleted by the influence of third party programs on system.
- Can retrieve data files lost during hard drive crash, re-installation of OS, and that are deleted from Recycle Bin / Trash folders.
The program mentioned here, http://www.recoverdataafterformat.net/ supports its working on various Mac and Windows systems that include Windows Vista, XP, Windows 2007, Windows 2003, Mac Lion, Mac OS Snow Leopard and Mac OS X Leopard. You can make use of the software and perform a trial. Go through the site that will provide you the option to download the demo software.