Microsoft Outlook is the stand alone application that comes into play to organize the emails of the user and it is used to send and receive mails for both personal and commercial purpose. OST stands for Offline Storage Table. An OST file is an Offline Outlook database used by Microsoft Outlook. Outlook application allows user to work in offline mode that is, even without internet connection user can check and send the mails.
Whatever user has send the emails or saved the attributes items in their Outlook profile account it get saved in the OST file temporarily. These data items are automatically synchronized and restored in the PST file when the mail server gets an internet connection. Assume that, the email profile is corrupted or deleted; OST file will be of no use. In such case, it becomes inaccessible and difficult to fetch the data for Microsoft Outlook. If the user wants to restore mailbox from the OST file, then user needs an OST to PST converter.
If you are using Outlook to manage your emails and other items then, it is essential to secure and protect your OST files and keep their archive in the PST file. When OST file gets corrupted or not accessible this situation bring user into huge problem. In this blog, I will give information about some basics of OST file and the method to convert it into PST file and maintain your emails safely and securely. Keep reading this blog to know which software is best for OST to PST converter. And retain all your mails and attribute from OST file before its gets corrupted.
What are the reasons for corrupting OST file?
There are several reasons to corrupt or damage OST file. Some of them are:
- Due to virus attack or malware infection in the system OST file gets corrupted and becomes inaccessible. Then, user might lose their important data from Outlook account.
- Sometimes, Exchange server may be in down that is, it may get disconnected due to problem in network or might have got corrupt resulting in your OST files inaccessible.
- Also, if the size of the OST file increases and exceeds its size limit i.e. 2GB then there is a chance of losing your emails are more from OST file.
- OST file header consists of information regarding file size, file name, storage location etc. if any damage occurs to the header files lead to OST file corruption.
- If you have encrypted your Outlook OST file and failed to decrypt back, then you will not be able to access mails that are stored in OST files.
- Upgrading Microsoft Outlook from higher version to lower version may also lead to OST file corruption.
- Software malfunction, improper server settings, database corruption and other file system corruption leads to OST file corruption.
How OST PST Converter works?
OST PST Converter Software is developed by a group of IT professional and it is the most recommended tool. It has been built with a user-friendly interface. You can use this tool to perform OST to PST converter on all Outlook versions such as Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003, and more. It has the ability to convert OST to PST files that are protected with a password. The utility can convert and fix OST file and rescue all the e-mails, appointments, RSS data, contacts, etc.
OST to PST Converter Software can repair corrupt OST file:
You can utilize this software, not just for Outlook OST file conversion, it can also repair corrupt OST file! Yes, suppose if your OST file gets corrupted or damaged or has become inaccessible due to reason, this tool fixes it and extracts the emails and all the attributes from the corrupt Outlook OST file.